Big Fish Little Fish is able to assist with your engineering recruitment. We are a leading supplier of engineering professionals, providing temporary and permanent solutions to a large client database. With specialist recruitment experts helping you keep up to date with the growing needs of one of the fastest expanding industries in the region. We have dedicated specialist consultants who can assist and who have experience from previously working within the industry.
Within our engineering division we are able to assist with an abundance of roles from CNC through to Steel Erection and manufacturing based opportunities. We have roles and new opportunities which cover various different levels of expertise for an Engineer.
Big Fish Little Fish are currently seeking to recruit several CNC Machine Operators on behalf of a well-established client based in the Northern Ireland area. We are now seeking new talent to join their machining team within their business.
- Loading and unloading of machines.
- Operating CNC machines to manufacture critical precision parts
- Selecting/operating correct tools for machines
- Ensuring that the tooling is continuing to run correctly whilst in the production cycles and if necessary to identify and make changes to ensure the product is manufactured to specification
- Supporting with machine/tooling changeovers and setting for the next job as is needed
- In process quality checks/gauging
- Previous experience in a precision engineering/manufacturing environment within a similar role or using similar skills is essential
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings
- Experience of operating machines within a precision engineering environment
- Knowledge of operating CNC milling machines
- Control systems of machines may vary so applicants are preferred to have a variety of machining knowledge
- Ideally time served as an apprentice or equivalent qualification/experience
Our client will provide accommodation and travel costs for anyone who will work away from home, along with funds to supplement living costs.
Our client is based in Castlewellan , in Northern Ireland. Due to growth, continuous new contracts we now need to source numeorus experience to enhance thier team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the workshop manager as a skilled fabricator / welder with the ability to MIG & TIG weld on mild steel.
Mild Steel MIG & TIG Welder /Fabricator Position Overview
- MIG and TIG welding on various products
- Surface Cleaning and Polishing
- Working unsupervised
- Implementing health and safety policies
- Maintaining accuracy
- Focusing on creating a finished product
- Time and project management
- Being professional and responsible
Mild Steel MIG & TIG Welder /Fabricator Position Requirements
- Understanding numerical and mathematical calculations and data
- Experience of MIG and TIG Welding on mild steel
- Proficient in a wide variety of fabrication tooling and techniques
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Desired previous experience of working in the steel fabrication industry.
- Desired MIG/TIG Welding qualification
- Desired MIG and TIG stainless and aluminium
Mild Steel MIG & TIG Welder /Fabricator Position Remuneration
- £11.00per hour +
- Other benefits to be discussed
- Full time permanent position – great opportunity as working away from home with accommodation provided
- Plenty of overtime
We require experienced Structural Steel Fabricators who have a positive can-do attitude to work in our busy workshop specialising in Structural Steelwork Fabrication. The successful applicants must be capable of working unsupervised from CAD drawings. Must be capable of welding to a high standard. Our client is located in Castlewellan in Northern Ireland and will provide travel and accommodation for candidates who are happy working from home. Already a fast growing business with ,lots of additional opporuntity.
Monday – Friday – day shifts – working up-to 50 hours per week
Unlimited Overtime is always available.
Accommodation offered and work away from home funds.
Salary: £ 27,300 + benefits
Great Company Pension
Please do not delay – please get in-touch.
Castlewellan - Northern Ireland
**Domestic Gas Engineer
My client is looking for an experienced Gas Installation Engineer
£16/17 per hour – Paid overtime is available if wanted + weekly productivity bonus
Van, Tools, Uniform and iPad are included as part of the employment package.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be installing boilers/central heating systems in the homes of our client’s customers, both domestic and social housing. Our client strives to provide the best possible company culture and pride themselves on having a happy team.
To enable you to join our client you will need to the below qualifications and experience:
·Minimum of 4 years boiler installation experience
Must hold current in date Gas Safe Certificate
Our client is very eager to upskill and enhance their already expereinced team, they are looking for an Associate who will join them and become heavily involved.
Your role will be to coordinate the company’s projects and ensure their smooth running from inception to completion. You will be responsible for preparing/supervising the preparation of method statements and risk assessments, liaising with our Operations Director in setting up the project, attending pre-contract, client and progress meetings and ensuring the timely delivery of the projects to the required standards and to the clients’ satisfaction. You will be assisting the Health and Safety Director with managing health and safety and you will be carrying site inspections and audits in this respect. You will be responsible for the invoicing and cost negotiation of the projects you are running and you may be involved in the preparation of tenders and quotes. You will be assisting the company to increase its competitiveness by effectively managing the company’s projects to minimise waste and increase productivity. As an Associate, you will be nurturing the company’s relationships with their existing clients and promote the company into a new client base as well as assisting with the development of a competitive supplier base. You will be part of the management team and will liaise with the Company’s Directors, and SHEQ Manager to improve the existing and/or develop new systems to enhance our performance and profile in the industry.
You may from time to time be required to work on site anywhere in the UK or abroad.
Job descriptions are indicative. All staff are expected to be flexible and take on additional duties where necessary to enable the organisation to achieve its objectives. The company is committed to developing all staff and will endeavour to offer opportunities to take on new responsibilities to enable staff to broaden their skills.
Key tasks are but are not limited to:
- Project Coordination
- Business development.
- Production of RAMS
- Preparation of Tenders/Quotes
- Management of Health and Safety
- Management of Sub-contractors/Workforce in conjunction with the Operations Director and HSQE Manager.
- Review and production of job costings and variations
- Attendance of meetings
- Project Management of site
This role reports in to an Associate Director within the business.
QUALIFICATIONS /QUALITIES REQUIRED
- At least 10 years’ experience in the geotechnical industry, some at a senior managerial role
- BSc in Engineering Geology/Civil Engineering or related subject
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative
- Capable of prioritising own workload to establish the levels of risk posed by different activities
You must hold a CSCS card.
This is a great opportortunity for someone looking for a more senior role with excellent career opportunity.
Our client has offices in London and Coventry – so you will be required to work out of one of these from time to time.
The remuneration package is excellent and is negotiable for the right candidate.
UK - homebased (access to London and Midlands)
Can’t find what you are looking for? Please do get in touch, we like a challenge.