Helping You Find Your Ideal Candidate
Find Your Perfect Job Today!
Independent Recruitment Agency
Big Fish Little Fish is an independent recruitment agency based in Sheffield. Set-up over 15 years ago to offer a bespoke recruitment service, with a hands on and approachable team – who offer a 24/7 service.
We have always covered Yorkshire, Derbyshire and the North West of England, but we are now very proud to add we are able to source solutions for clients based anywhere within the UK & Northern Ireland.
The difference is we are real, down to earth people who have all worked in various industries throughout our careers, and possess valuable experience and knowledge. Our key focus is on service and value which is why we are key to offer a “No Invoice for Permanent Recruitment until the candidate has worked 4-6 weeks”. Another key unique point is we offer a longer guarantee for your candidate ensuring both client and candidate are matched correctly and allowing our client slightly longer to ensure this.
An open, honest and transparent approach – please get in-touch for an informal chat.
I’m an Employer
We are so sure that we can provide the right person for you that we provide a guarantee.
I’m a Candidate
We take time to match your CV’s with employers’, so you have the best chance of success.
Most Recent Jobs
We are working with our public sector client who urgently needs to appoint a confident Administration Officer.
Substantial experience of working in an administrative environment is essential to this role.
- Strong secretarial keyboard skills
- Experience of working in public sector preferable
- Excellent telephone manner essential as you will be speaking to Service Users regularly
- Previous experience of liaising with multi agencies or similar would be a strong advantage
- An understanding of social care and support services would be very transferable e.g Vulnerable adults, child support, hospital discharges/admissions
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software packages and equipment
- Ability to produce a range of documents to a high standard
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills
- Ability to process information and data to strict deadlines
- Ability to establish good working relationships at all levels
The above is just some of the skills and attributes we are looking for, you will need a positive can-do attitude, possess strong administration skills and an eagerness to work and achieve well.
Must be available to interview and start at short notice. You may be required to undertake a Standard DBS check, if you already hold a recent one this will be an advantage.
This role is varied with lots of opportunity available and our client always encourages candidates to apply for permanent upcoming roles.
Position is based primarily in Castleford, WF10 but you could to be asked to work from home occasionally.
Working hours Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm
Although initially a temporary contract – could become long term/permanent therefore need min GCSE’s inc English & Maths. You must be able to provide evidence of your qualifications for securing a permanent role.
Big Fish Little Fish Recruitment are supporting primary schools throughout the Sheffield area providing additional cleaning staff.
Successful candidates must hold or be prepared to undertake an Enhanced DBS certificate.
Previous experience of working within a school setting is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
Cleaning staff provide an essential service within our areas schools so if you enjoy working to a high standard and as part of a team please do not hesitate in applying today.
Pay rate £9.50 – £10.50 per hour, working hours and shift patterns to be negotiated.
We are currently working with a company who are a key player within the latest stage of the HS2 project. With this in mind we now need to appoint an excellent all-round project manager to overview and manage part of the HS2 ground investigation and thereafter be involved in additional projects.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in ground investigation, covering civil or structural engineering.
This role is Midlands based and the ideal candidate must be within an hour’s drive of Birmingham or Coventry region.
Day to day the role will be on-site and working out of our client’s Midland offices.
- Previous experience running a £1 million project or above would be essential.
- Knowledge of overviewing sites, safety, security and personnel.
- Cost experience – able to manage a budget and put cost control in place.
- Manage the timescales and ensure the work force are working to specific timeline expectations.
- The successful candidate will be expected to report back to senior management with regards where the project is at, this will be relevant to deliverance and cost budget.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge from ground investigation.
- Liaise with other stakeholders involved on the project.
- A must is strong communication skills, excellent organisational skills, the ability to make a decision and prioritise workload efficiently.
- Good IT skills and the ability to put processes in place and follow.
The role is predominately Monday – Friday and will suit someone looking to work within a business where they are valued with progression and opportunity.
My client is looking for an experienced Gas Installation Engineer to cover Leeds and surrounding areas. £15 per hour - Paid overtime is available if wanted + productivity bonus. &nb...
How to Use Body Language Effectively at Interviews
When going for a job interview, your body language can make it or break it. From the second you walk in, to the moment you leave, your body language can say a lot about you as a person. How you sit...
10 Perfect Interview Questions to Ask Engineers
When preparing for an interview with an engineer, it’s important to plan your questions carefully. As well as delving into subject-specific questions to find out about the skills and passions of a ...
Independent recruitment agency based in Sheffield. Specialising in Office Support, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Commercial Roles