We are working with an excellent ground investigation business and due to achieved tenders and new opportunities, we now need an expereinced Geotechnical Engineer.
As a Senior Engineering Geologist your main responsibility will be to manage high profile and complex site investigations for landmark developments and infrastructure projects. You will be required to deliver the investigations safely, to meet specification requirements and within programme and budget constraints. As part of your duties you will be required to prepare CPPs and RAMS, manage resource requirements, supervise site activities and liaise with all parties. You may be required to log core and carry out in-situ testing and monitoring.
From time to time, you will assist in the preparation of desk studies, and in the writing and preparation of environmental and geotechnical factual and interpretative reports.
This role requires excellent time management skills, self-motivation, and the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively. You will be a strong communicator and negotiator, and be able to work as part of a dynamic team.
Throughout your role, you will develop relationships with new and existing clients to promote our clients capabilities and increase our opportunities for new business.
In return, you will offer be offered a competitive salary and benefits including pension contribution and 25 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays, a training and development plan, and genuine opportunities for fast progression through our rapidly expanding company.
If you believe that you can make a positive contribution to our company we would be delighted to meet you and discuss this role in further detail. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Minimum 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in geotechnical/geological discipline with at least five years relevant industry experience.
- Masters in Environmental /Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology desirable
- Knowledge of logging to BS 5930 and Eurocode 7
- CSCS, SMSTS certification desirable
- Full Clean Driving License
- Excellent IT skills – extensive knowledge of electronic mail and MS Office applications and geotechnical databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capable of prioritising own workload based on rapidly changing scenarios.
- Good working knowledge of the English Language both written and spoken.
The role will be a mix of site and Laboratory based – you will be provided with transport to get to the appropriate sites when needed, alot of the duties will be based within our own Laboratories – based in London or Coventry.
Please do not delay – please apply outlining your expereince – we are looking for someone within the industry, so please be aware the upmost confidentiality will be adhered too at all times.