We are recruiting an experienced Kitchen Assistant on a relief basis to join the passionate and committed team for our public sector client’s residential care home.
Relief agency workers have complete control over the shifts they work and therefore it is ideal for people with other commitments or someone who wants to try something new. The manager will offer shifts with as much notice as possible, but you might be contacted on an ad-hoc basis when shift cover is needed.
Become a Difference Maker:
Our client ensures the highest standards are achieved to meet the varying needs of their residents. Priding themselves on serving nutritious, and wholesome homemade meals. As part of the catering team, the Kitchen Assistant provides support to cooks with duties including:
- Prepare and serve meals (including portion control and provision of special dietary meals where necessary).
- Implementing health and safety in the kitchen, including food hygiene, infection control and COSHH.
- Demonstrate meticulous personal hygiene within the kitchen.
- Ensure correct storage of all food.
- Actively engage with residents in conversation and meaningful activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
For the Kitchen Assistant role, we ask that you have:
- A strong initiative and ability to work alone as well as being a great team player.
- Motivation and passion to work with and enable people to live as independently as possible.
- Hold a QCF level 2 in food hygiene/catering.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, COSHH regulations, and specialist/modified and cultural diet requirements is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to maintain concise written records
- Hold a food hygiene certificate or be willing to undergo training to achieve this, as well as completing training in fire, health and safety, and infection control.
The successful candidates will need to undergo a Enhanced DBS check if not already a certificate holder.