Engineering Geologist – Geotechnical Division
Our valued and very well known client based in London is now recruiting for Engineering Geologists.
Our client is extremely innovative and dynamic specialising in site investigation which they have been doing for the past 20 years plus. They are accredited to work on track, and have an enormous about of national accreditations, a solid team which they now need to enhance due to work growth and long term new structures in place.
Your duties will be mainly related to the preparation and management of site investigation projects from inception to completion and the preparation of desk studies environmental and geotechnical interpretative reports.
You may from time to time be required to work on site anywhere in the UK or abroad. Furthermore, you may be required to spend periods of time on secondment with other organisations with whom our client is working for and on behalf of.
All staff are expected to be flexible and take on additional duties where necessary to enable the organisation to achieve its objectives. The company is committed to developing all staff and will endeavour to offer opportunities to take on new responsibilities to enable staff to broaden their skills.
Line and functional responsibility to the Associates and Directors of the Company and to the hierarchy set out on a project to project basis.
During periods of secondment you will be required to work under the supervision and instruction of the site manager of the organisation to whom you are seconded.
Key tasks are but are not limited to:
- Carry out logging of soil and rock samples.
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of factual reports.
- Logging and supervision of trial pits.
- Supervision and Logging of Boreholes
- Gas and Ground Water Monitoring
- In-Situ geotechnical soil testing
- Preparation and Management of Site Investigation Projects
- Monitor and order supplies, plant and equipment as required
- Liaising with Clients and sub-contractors to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Prepare tenders and job costings
- Production of desk studies
- Assisting in the production of geotechnical interpretative reports and foundation design
The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and is consistent with Equal Opportunities Policy.
Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of yourself and others, read understand and adhere to the Health & Safety Policy of the company
Ensure Compliance with the Company’s Quality Assurance Management system.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering / Earth Sciences or relevant subject.
- Masters in Environmental /Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology desirable
- Excellent IT skills – extensive knowledge of electronic mail and MS Office applications and geotechnical databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative
- Capable of prioritising own workload to establish the levels of risk posed by different activities
- At least 3 years of previous relevant experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Engineering Geologist: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- CSCS (Preferred)
- Driving (Preferred)
- SSSTS (Preferred)
- SMSTS (Preferred)
- First Aid at Work (Preferred)