We are seeking an experienced Domestic Assistant for our public sector client to commence immediate shifts as required within an Elderly Persons Care Home in the Wakefield area. Due to cross contamination concerns you should not be working within any other workplace.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible to the manager on duty for the general cleanliness of the building, the furnishings and equipment. May be allocated to a particular area of the home (e.g. kitchen or main building), but must be flexible and cover other areas as needed.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of cleaning materials, bearing in mind the toxic effects of some fluids if taken internally. He/She will requisition and account for stores and equipment from the senior staff on duty as required.
- It is important to establish good relations with staff and service users and have respect for service users’ privacy (in bedrooms, if applicable) and care of their possessions.
- General duties include cleaning floors, walls, furniture, carpets, mirrors, ornaments, equipment, cabinets and contents. Indoor windows may be cleaned. Cleaning will be done according to a set schedule and also as necessary. Appropriate records of tasks to be maintained.
- Duties will also include work in the dining room, laying/waiting at/clearing of tables, transporting of meals to the dining room as required, washing up and simple preparation of food, i.e. Hot drinks, sandwich making, light meals on toast and assisting with the preparation of vegetables.
- Any other duties that fall within the scope of the post.
Desirable qualifications and knowledge:
Level 1 & 2 NVQ in Cleaning,
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Knowledge of First Aid, moving and handling, food hygiene.
A DBS certificate will be needed for this role and will assist your application.
If you have the above skills and qualities, are available for immediate shifts please do not hesitate to apply today.