GUARANTEED WORKING HOUR CONTRACT – 30 hours per week. You will choose set days that you are available to work, must make yourself available to work where required on those days and will be paid even if you are not called upon. This provides a guaranteed income for you but you must be prepared to work at short notice on your designated days.
** Based in Horbury, Wakefield ** Must not be currently working in another care home due to current Covid restrictions **
We are currently supporting a public sector organisation who urgently need to increase their Care Assistant manpower in their residential homes. Initially a temporary contract your position but may become permanent.
All of the workplaces will be on site, no community or home care is required.
- To work within the residential care unit providing support for the users
- Assist residents in the home to maintain their independence and assist as and when required
- Be-able to offer personal support to residents that need this – i.e; washing, bathing, dressing etc
- Offer friendly and supportive conversation at this very challenging time
- Liaise and up-date management with residents needs and support
Good knowledge of health & safety within this environment
- NVQ 2 in social care – or the willingness to undertake and work towards it.
- First Aid knowledge is an advantage.
- Possess Safe Moving & Handling Techniques.
- Experience of looking after residents with dementia.
- Experience of working within a care home or residential home.
- Experience of caring and supporting older clients.
- Be-able to assist moving them safely and correctly.
- Must be-able to read and understand basic care plans
- Work as a team and have good communication skills.
To even be considered for this role you must meet the below criteria
- Evidence and entitlement to work in the UK.
- 2 satisfactory references.
- Confirmation you are fit to work.
- Ideally possess the relevant Enhanced DBS or must be prepared to undertake one.
This role is linked to public services so offers security and long-term opportunities.
Various shifts available to suit you.
Please apply with your CV – where a member of the team will be in-touch to discuss in more depth.
Salary: £10.00-£20.00 per hour