An exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing highway asset management businesses in the UK. Working in the software section with a highly motivated team of software engineers, you will be the main web developer with responsibility for designing and implementing scalable, visually appealing web apps to operate alongside our clients main desktop product.
Your primary task as a web developer will involve working closely with other members of the software team as well as leasing regularly with client-facing staff to discuss, identify and specify required functionality, user interfaces etc. prior to developments and upgrades.
We are looking for an independent thinking, creative and motivated individual with the passion to investigate and harness new technologies within our development portfolio.
You should have a good knowledge of Angular (NodeJS) and the MVC paradigm, ideally with a knowledge/appreciation of .NET Core and Microsoft Visual Studio as well as knowledge of Git repositories and versioning. Our existing apps make extensive use of mapping and geospatial data so any knowledge in this area would be a huge advantage, as would knowledge of SQL Server, although not essential. Experience of using technical collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack etc is desirable but training will be offered where necessary.
In return we can offer a highly competitive salary as well as a varied, interesting, and challenging environment where you will be encouraged to develop your existing skills and knowledge.
You will need to have:
• technical knowledge in areas such as MVC, client-side components, server-side languages, web application frameworks and database management systems, in particular SQL server.
• experience with version control systems (Git) and a thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications and web security and encryption.
• good coding practices, documentation skills and attention to detail.
• a logical approach to problem solving.
• the ability to work independently and in mixed teams.
• experience of development methodologies such as Agile.
• the ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines.
• good communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• User interface design
• Liaison with project staff, users, developers etc. to develop specifications.
• identification of suitable technologies and languages for each project
• test sites and apps in different browsers and environments
• problem-solving, bug fixing.
• benchmark testing
• build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) where required.
• investigate and test new technologies, frameworks and languages.
• stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
• carry out code refactoring and code optimisation.
• code documentation
• HTML, CSS, BootStrap
• Microsoft .NET core (C#, VB.NET)
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft SQL Server (preferred)
• Git repositories/versioning
Ideally, we would prefer applicants to have a technical qualification in one of the relevant subjects below:
• computer science.
• software engineering.
• web design and development.
• geospatial data, mapping.
Great opportunity with lots of career potential, good remuneration package.
Based in Doncaster